NEWS FLASH! – TAKEAWAY FIRE caused by dirty extraction / ducting?
” A Blackburn Takeaway Catches FIRE Whilst Open ! ”
Firefighters were called just after midnight and spent around four hours battling the blaze at the Istanbul Restaurant on Whalley Range, Blackburn.
Fire crews had attended after the occupier of the takeaway reported a fire in his extraction system.
See the Full Story at the Lancashire Telegraph…
DUCT CLEANING IS ESSENTIAL
Recent legislation (View HSE Document) gives insurance companies the right to void fire claims if the owner cannot prove that their extract ducts have been cleaned within the last year (in some cases this has to be done 2 or 3 times a year depending on use). This is understandable the build up of grease is a severe FIRE RISK !! “
PJS Hygiene's highly skilled team boast a combined knowledge stretching over 20 years!